How can I immigrate to Canada?

There are different programs that Immigration Refugee Citizenship Canada (IRCC) offers (federally and provincial), and they are all categorized and have different requirements. Therefore, it is mandatory to go through an assessment of each applicant’s profile before determining which program best suits them to be able to immigrate at a certain point.

What is the income that I need to meet to sponsor my parents’ super visa?

This will depend on the income that the children or grandchildren (Canadian/PR inviter) needs to meet as per the Low-Income Cut-off table that Immigration Refugee Citizenship Canada (IRCC) states. Therefore, the minimum necessary gross income will be calculated according to the LICO Table which details the size of the family unit.

What is the certificate of qualifications?

It is a certificate that only provinces and territories in northern Canada can issue. To obtain this certificate, designated authorities in the provinces or territories assess your education, experience, and skills in the specialty occupation (NOC) to decide if you qualify to take an exam and become certified in Canada.

I applied for my permanent residency application within Canada, can I travel?

There is no specific law or regulation that prohibits applicants to travel or leave the country while waiting on a decision of their permanent residency application. Nevertheless, it is the applicant’s responsibility to inform Immigration Refugee Citizenship Canada (IRCC) of any changes (travel is included) to their situation. The applicant must be aware that re-entering Canada will depend on many factors but mainly on satisfying the POE officer.

I would like to work in Canada, but I don't have a job offer, what can I do?

Obtaining a valid job offer can be challenging as the employers need to undergo a series of steps before being able to support a temporary foreign worker under a federal or provincial program. Usually, temporary foreign workers that meet the necessary skills such as language, education, and work experience are encouraged to apply online through agencies, Job bank (government website), or other sources such as Linked but considering there is a high number of interested applicants this could be very challenging. Therefore, it is important for the TFW to find alternative pathways to connect and be interviewed by employers while visiting, studying, or working temporarily in Canada. There are other times where the employer decides to contact the TFW directly and proceed with the recruitment process if they find their profile fits their business needs. Considering that we work together with an agency, we encourage our prospective clients to provide us with their resume in case an employer decides to offer them a job.

My employer is giving me a job offer but how do I know is genuine or valid?

If you have an employer who is willing to offer you a job, you will need to provide us specific information on whether your employer has obtained a positive LMIA or if he/she is willing to support you through a provincial application. Whichever is your situation, we always encourage you to schedule an appointment with us to guide you and/or your employer in determining the proper path to obtain a valid job offer.

What employment history can be counted towards my permanent residency application?

Depending on the category or pathway that you are applying, for example, in Express Entry, you will need at least 1 year of work experience in the last 3 or 10 years depending on the category that you are eligible to apply under. Therefore, we can help in assessing your profile to determine your eligibility towards your permanent residency application.

I am currently in Canada with visitor status, can I change my status to worker within the country?

Changing conditions from a visitor to worker will depend on what type of work permit you will be applying for. If the Canadian work permit or visa is through a bilateral agreement between Canada and the country of origin, you have the option of applying within Canada. Likewise, if you have a spouse working in Canada, you could also apply within Canada. Immigration sometimes allows visitors to change their status condition as they sometimes announce temporary public policies or special pathways. If neither of the three scenarios apply to you then the application will most likely have to be made outside of Canada. Therefore, we encourage you to schedule an appointment at the earliest convenience to determine if there are any temporary pathways or categories available at the time that you require assistance.

Can I work for my employer or another employer while waiting for a decision on my work permit?

This will depend on the category that your work permit falls under, for example, if you are a student applying for a post-graduate work permit, you are allowed to work if you apply before your study permit expires and while waiting for a decision. Nevertheless, if you hold a work permit “caregiver pathway” then you can only work for the employer or occupation specified on your current work permit. Nevertheless, every program has specific requirements and therefore we recommend you seek professional help to avoid making mistakes that could complicate your eligibility in future applications.

Does my part-time experience count towards my permanent residency?

Yes, immigration does take into account experience obtained in a part-time job. However, the person who applies must accumulate the number of equivalent hours required as if he had worked full time. Nevertheless, if this part-time experience was acquired while studying in Canada under a study permit, this will not count towards your permanent residency.

Who can represent me or provide me with proper immigration advice?

Note: Make sure they are licensed and members in good standing prior to hiring their services, as per our end we are members in good standing of CICC with offices in India and B.C, Canada.

Regional Business Partners

One Stop Solutions for All Your Overseas Dream

Book a consultation