Canada Dependent
Work Permit

The government of Canada allows immigration for family members under the dependent work permit category. Some of the members of a family like spouses or children can be included in the visa application for immigration to Canada, whereas parents and grandparents must be sponsored by permanent residents or citizens of Canada. Sponsors have to promise to support the family member or relative and accompany them for a period of 3 to 10 years to ensure they are well settled in Canada.

Family members eligible for sponsorship under Canada Dependent Work Permit are:

  • Spouse, conjugal or common-law partners over 16 years of age
  • Parents, grandparents
  • Dependent children, including adopted kids
  • Children under the age of 18 whom you want to adopt
  • Siblings, nephews and nieces, and grandchildren under 18 years of age, orphans, and unmarried
  • Other relatives residing in Canada or abroad

Children are considered dependent under the following criteria:

  • Children under 22 years of age, unmarried or not having common-law partner
  • Children who are full-time students before attaining 22 years of age and are substantially dependent on parents for financial support
  • Children who have become a spouse/common-law partner before attaining the 22 years of age and is substantially dependent on parents for financial support
  • Children who are financially dependent on parents before attaining 22 years of age because of some disability

Sponsoring Parents and Grandparents

To sponsor parents/grandparents entering Canada as permanent residents, you and your dependent applicants must co-sign the Canadian sponsorship agreement that states the following:

  • That you agree to provide them with the necessary financial support in case if they become unemployed, for a period of 3 to 10 years.
  • That your parents and grandparents would take rational measures to support themselves financially.

In order to qualify for the aforementioned category, you have to meet the income requirements.

Regional Business Partners

Canada Dependent Work Permit Super visa for parents Super visa for parents canada Study in new zealand from canada Student career counselling Surrey

One Stop Solutions for All Your Overseas Dream

Book a consultation